Select Page

Dear parents and carers,

As we conclude what has been an incredibly busy start to the new academic year, I share with you our Trust’s Pillars of Excellence Newsletter for term 1.

In reading it you will see that it’s been a very busy and exciting start to the new academic year across all of our settings. Through our nurseries, our primary and secondary schools, our sixth form, in and out of school; there is so much that our students have done which inspires us.

I must say a special thank you, though, to all of our wonderful year 7s and 8s at The Canterbury Academy, who have spent the last 10 days touring over 700 families around their school as part of its open events for admission to year 7 in September 2025. The confidence and maturity of these young people is really quite exceptional, and something to be very proud of. Feedback from families touring has been overwhelmingly positive, and the key theme amongst all of that was just how impressive our students, your children, were. Especially in how articulately they talked about the culture and value set that we are all so passionate about across our schools.

With all of this said, whether your child has been tour guiding or not, whichever of our schools or nurseries they attend, I suspect we may have some very tired young people as we start half-term! I hope that you all enjoy a relaxing two weeks and we shall look forward to seeing all of our students for a normal first day back in their school on Monday, 4th November.

With my every best wish to you all,

Jon Watson

Chief Executive Officer